Phone Number : +8613323263210
April 6, 2021
With the in-depth development of the information and data age, optical communication has also extended to many areas of life. With the maturity of 4G and the arrival of the 5G era, a large number of 40G/100G networks are used in data centers, and the installation and management of optical fiber jumpers have become more and more important. The quality of fiber patch cord management directly affects the overall data transmission. Managing fiber patch cords can not only reduce the operating cost of the entire fiber optic network, make it beautiful and convenient, but also increase the reliability and flexibility of network operation and maintenance.
In the process of installing and arranging optical fiber jumpers, we should pay attention to the following aspects:
1. Do not bend the fiber jumper excessively, pay attention to its bending radius. When in use, the minimum bending radius of the optical fiber is 30mm, and the bending radius that the MPO fiber jumper can withstand cannot be less than 10 times its diameter.
2. Pay attention to protect the ferrule during installation and use to prevent collision and pollution. Wear a dust cap in time after disassembly. If the jumper connector or the end face of the ferrule is contaminated, you can use absorbent cotton dipped in alcohol to wipe, otherwise the insertion loss will be affected.
3. During the installation process, the transceiver wavelengths of the optical modules at both ends of the fiber jumper must be the same to ensure the accuracy of data transmission.
4. The laser signal is harmful to eyes. Do not look directly at the end face of the ferrule during signal transmission.
5. Do not pull or squeeze the fiber jumper. When installing an optical fiber jumper, excessive force will affect the performance of the jumper and the connectors at both ends.
6. When bundling and arranging optical fiber jumpers, the tension should be moderate to prevent squeezing caused by overtightening.
8. When there is damage caused by man-made or other irresistible factors, the jumper should be replaced in time.
9. When there is an abnormal situation in the optical fiber network or system, you can use the troubleshooting method to test one by one. You can usually use a light pen to test the continuity, or use a precision instrument to test the insertion loss and return loss. If you continuously test the insertion loss of 3 jumpers More than 30% of the normal range, consider whether the end face of the ceramic core of the instrument is contaminated or damaged.
10. If the optical fiber jumper is used for the horizontal operation of the wiring center, it is recommended to use the PVC jacket with good mechanical performance and moderate price, which has the characteristics of anti-oxidation and anti-degradation; it is usually used for the flat ground connection between buildings The LSZH outer cover with a special flame-retardant coating has the fire safety performance of low smoke, low toxicity and low corrosion.
Strengthening the management of fiber optic jumpers can not only increase the reliability and flexibility of the fiber optic network system, but also reduce the operation and maintenance costs of the fiber optic network. I hope that the introduction of Feiyu Group will help you manage fiber optic patch cords.